Friday, October 8, 2021 (Day 280)
Relaxing Music for the week: Serenity: Liquid Mind (10:01) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEIb6ZMPQM0
Question: List 10 of your favorite self-care activities. When was the last time you did each of them?
Answer: I don’t think I purposefully engage in 10 self-care activities, since I believe that simpler is better. But I’m pretty sure that I can come up with 5 self-care activities; the great thing is, by only focusing on 5 self-care activities, it’s easier for me to do them on a regular (daily) basis. Here they are:
- Working out/Getting in steps – I’ve worked out a little less this week because I’m in Cincinnati, but if you look at my stats over the year, it’s something that I do almost every day. Even on off days, I still get in 10,000 steps.
- Meditate – I meditate at least 5 days a week, but the goal is every day for at least 10 minutes.
- Walk in nature – When I’m home, it’s really easy because I take Laci (our dog) out at least twice a day, which get’s me outside.
- Explore and express my purpose – Between writing this blog, reading articles, creating new tools, and doing presentations, all of these activities are geared towards me living my purpose.
- Read a book – since I love, love, love to read, I almost always make time to fit some reading into my day.
As you can see, by incorporating these particular practices, it’s easy for me to stay on track and do them every day. They don’t consume a lot of my time, so it’s easy to integrate them into my life. As I look over the list, I ask myself if there are ways to do more of these self-care practices, not less! What about you?