Design Your Life Poster Examples
- My Life Story Posters – posters – my life story, spring 2016
- Major/Career/Calling Exploration Posters – posters – major-career exploration, spring 2016
- Personal Charter Posters – posters – personal charter, spring 2016
2016 On Course Conference
- Pre-conference workshop (Creating a Life that’s On Course for You and Your Students) workbook – workbook – creating a life that’s on course
- Finding Your Why to a Meaningful Life (Session 5K) – meaningful work activity, 4-2-16
- Relax, Reflect, Relate: 3 R’s of Contemplative Practice (Session 7) – relax, reflect, relate session – 4-2-16
Kinesiology EdD Presentation
- Session Handout – values and meaningful work exercise, 6-20-15
- Value Tags – value-tags-new-size-4-15-12
- Meaningful Work Questions – edd session on meaningful work, 6-20-15
Reflection Activity: Kick-Ass Questions About Life
This exercise is a free-write activity. Write whatever thoughts pop into your head. If your answers are the same for several questions, that’s okay. Why is it important to answer these questions? My good friend and mentor, Skip Downing, came up with this phrase: “The quality of your questions determines the quality of your answers and the quality of your answers determines the quality of your life.” Have fun!
- What’s always on your mind? What do you think about a lot?
- What angers your most about the world today? What issues really piss you off?
- What positive things do people say about you? What do people thank you for most often?
- Who inspires you? Who would you most like to be like? Who are your heroes, your role models?
- What do you help with that seems natural or easy for you? What do people come to you for? When you’re at your best, what does it look like?
- What are you amazing at doing (can be work- or life-related)? What are you great at?
- When do you feel powerful, passionate, free, incredibly useful, excited, and/or inspired?
- Who do you want to help? Who would you like to inspire?
- If you had a chance to be known for something special or unique, what would it be?
- How would you like to be seen, recognized, acknowledged, awarded, praised – now and/or in the future?
Use your answers to “find your why” and get a better sense of where you want to go with your life.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –